StatusCast Achieves SOC 2 Compliance
ITSM Unified Communications Provider Continues to Elevate Privacy and Security Standards
COLUMBIA, Md., June 18, 2019 — StatusCast, a leading SaaS provider of Corporate Status Pages, is pleased to announce the successful completion of a Service Organization Controls (SOC) 2 attestation engagement covering the trust principles of Security, Confidentially, and Availability.
An unqualified opinion was issued that provides StatusCast’s clients an assurance that controls implemented by StatusCast were suitably designed to meet or exceed the prescribed criteria for each trust principle as defined by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). The criteria included a review of StatusCast’s policies, procedures, and processes to ensure that confidential client information is handled appropriately while in StatusCast’s possession.
Eric Warth, VP of Operations at StatusCast stated,
“Corporate status pages are an essential part of an IT department’s incident management workflow, it is paramount that we offer and maintain a secure, reliable, and controlled information infrastructure. The proper handling, maintenance, and security of our clients’ data is of critical importance for establishing trust and credibility, and the reason why we are one of the first companies in our industry to successfully complete a SOC 2 attestation engagement.”
Furthermore, he added,
“SOC 2 is the industry standard that security conscious prospects use to evaluate potential Status Page providers against, and we are proud to offer this third-party evaluation determination. We feel that it even further reaffirms their decision to partner with StatusCast as an integral part of their overall ITSM workflow and strategy.”
The SOC 2 Audit evaluates applicants in five categories within the Trust Services Criteria of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants:
- Security – Verifying the system is protected against unauthorized access, use, or modification to meet the entity’s commitments and system requirements.
- Availability – Verifying the system is available for operation and use to meet the entity’s commitments and system requirements.
- Processing Integrity – Verifying the system processing is complete, valid, accurate, timely, and authorized to meet the entity’s commitments and system requirements.
- Confidentiality – Verifying that information designated as confidential is protected to meet the entity’s commitments and system requirements.
- Privacy – Verifying personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed, and disposed to meet the entity’s commitments and system requirements.
Founded in 2013, StatusCast’s mission is to help IT departments and SaaS companies keep their employees and customers better informed when applications or IT infrastructure goes down. StatusCast is a communication platform for the enhanced and timely dissemination of critical information when things may be at their worst. Unlike service desk software that places the notification burden on end-users, StatusCast lets your IT staff proactively initiate the conversation as well as ensure the right people receive the right message, at the right time— thereby saving companies time, money and reducing end-user and customer frustration.
SOURCE StatusCast, Inc.