Effective May 25th, 2018
What Information do we collect?
StatusCast collects information a variety of ways:
- Registering an account. StatusCast collects information about you when you register your account. The information you provide may include your full name, organization name, and email address.
- Configuring your status page. StatusCast collects general usage data from it’s customers when configuring their status page. This information may include your email address, phone number, and feature utilization.
- Posting incidents to your status page. StatusCast collects information relevant to your incident including a message subject, message type, message, incident duration, and any custom fields created by the customer.
- Purchasing a paid StatusCast plan. When you purchase StatusCast services we will collect transaction information which may include credit card information, email addresses, and other payment related information. Please refer to the Payment Information section for additional information.
On what basis do we collect your Information?
StatusCast provides tools and services that allow organizations to relay their status to the public or to a selective audience. Status page end-users can also sign up to receive notifications via Email or SMS automatically when an organization posts an incident or changes their status. In most cases we collect your information on the basis that you desire a particular service, and therefore our processing typically occurs on the basis of your consent
What do we use your Information for?
StatusCast uses your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain, and improve the services offered by StatusCast to its customers and end-users.
- To process your general inquiries and deliver customer service.
- To process your payments, which is described in greater detail in the Payment Information
- To analyze product trends, administer or optimize services, and monitor feature usage patterns.
- To periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Who do we share your Information with?
StatusCast does not sell, rent, or give your personal information to any third party unless you have given consent to do so. StatusCast allows its customers to enable third party integrations and services. When enabled, StatusCast may share information relevant to the integration with the third party. Third party services are not owned or controlled by StatusCast, and we recommend you check the privacy settings and policy for any third party you choose to integrate StatusCast with.
Accessing and updating your personal Information
When you utilize StatusCast’s services you may access, review, correct, update, change, or delete your information at any time by signing into your account and taking the appropriate action. End-users, who are receiving notifications, can opt-out of or update communications preferences through links provided in said notifications. You may contact StatusCast Support(firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance in accessing, updating, or deleting your personal information.
StatusCast will retain information collected until its customer or end-user takes action to remove it. Customers with paid services have access to all data contained within their account and can manually delete the information at any time. Customers utilizing the free tier of StatusCast’s status page services will be limited to 30 days’ worth of status data. Customers can also contact StatusCast support(email@example.com) to have all data removed. Status page end-users can opt-out of notifications through actions in the notification, by contacting the organization they have subscribed to, or by contacting StatusCast support(firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can remove or block certain cookies using the settings in your internet browser.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
No children under Age 13
StatusCast’s services are not intended for use of anyone under the age of 13, nor does StatusCast knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not attempt to register for the services provided by StatusCast. In the event that StatusCast confirms it has collected personal from someone under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information immediately.
EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework
PO Box 1141, Columbia MD 21044
StatusCast has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.